We are Christians.
We follow Jesus.
We believe in God, who is three persons in one:
God the Father.
He is the source of all creation. We are made in His image.
Jesus the Son of God.
He died to set us free from sin and suffering and death. He showed us how we should live.
The Holy Spirit.
The Spirit of God is dwelling and active in our lives today.
And we belong to the Baptist Union of Great Britain, whose “Declaration of Principle” can be found here.
In 1787 Missionaries from the first baptist Church in Birmingham (Cannon Street Church) were sent to the then rural farming district of Erdington to spread the word of God.
Some 100 years later we hear of the first Erdington Baptist meetings in 1873.
The first services took place in Woodbine Academy, a boarding school, which later became The Municipal Bank which has now been demolished and today is used a car wash opposite the current church building.
The Erdington Baptist church building was built in 1878. The church located on Wood End Road in Erdington, Birmingham was the first Baptist Church in the area.
Today the church is called Six Ways Baptist Erdington Church due to its location off the Six Ways roundabout in the heart of Erdington. Also the church is no longer the only Baptist church in Erdington.
We have a full time minister Rev Gerard Goshawk.
Feel free to get in touch with him either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning him on 01213823005 or 07775465062
We also have a team of Deacons.
Deacons are church members elected to serve the church. They are our managing trustees, legally responsible for the safety and smooth-running of the church. They meet regularly and make recommendations for the rest of the church, look out for the pastoral needs of the people of the church.
our deacons // Morine Burrell-Banton (secretary), Aldith Marshall, Angela Jeffries, Sharon Martin, Gerard Goshawk (minister), Ralph, Trudy Butterworth (treasurer)