The COVID-19 pandemic has had a massive and unprecedented impact on all areas of our lives. With regard to church life, it means that we need to ensure that all usage of our building enables people to both feel, and be, as safe as possible. At the same time, we need to balance this with maintaining our distinctly Christian ways of worshipping, serving, working for justice and being welcoming and inclusive.
Therefore, we feel it is important that all people accessing our premises are aware that we have:
- taken heed of all relevant government guidelines and have benefitted from information provided by the Baptist Union of Great Britain.
- undertaken a full and thorough risk assessment of all areas of the building.
- devised an overall set of procedures for all users to follow.
- taken a measured approach to usage of the building where possible and appropriate: for instance by continuing with online activities.
- required that all groups and activities taking place in our building have a proper risk assessment in place.
- increased the levels of cleaning.
- provided the necessary PPE, social distancing and COVID-safe resources and signage.
Copies of relevant documentation can be downloaded here:
Do not attend if you have any COVID-19 symptoms:
- high temperature; persistent cough; loss of taste or smell.
- or you know or suspect that you have COVID-19 at this time.
When you arrive on a Sunday:
- you will need to use hand sanitiser on entry and wear a face covering whilst you are in the building.